Saturday, March 1, 2008

Organizational relationship track

Boss : Happy Birthday!!!!
Subordinate : Its not my birthday….
Boss : It isn’t?
Subordinate : Errr… No
Boss : Then who’s birthday is it?!
Subordinate : Eh!! I don’t know
Boss : Why don’t you know! How can I know unless you know!!
Subordinate : What!... I mean, huh?!
Boss : I see this as the basic problem – the unwillingness – did you at least think before saying “No”? Its so easy to always say No. What have we done to make it happen?! Lets be more proactive…
Subordinate : <now how do i get out of this> "Ok, I see… actually, I was thinking – you were right – it is actually my star-birthday today, but I didn’t think you were referring to it… I mean, how did you know?
Boss : <Smiles indulgently>
Subordinate : Wow, you are the greatest
Boss : No no, its all about teamwork. Change management is critical. Leadership is about pain....

1 comment:

cheekoo said...

Could not have been illustrated better! Keep it coming.
-Chet